Strange video anomaly.

ZeroX585

n00b
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I hate it to be a request for help. Anyway here is my problem. I recently built a computer for myself and I have encountered a strange happening when I play video files. I notice that I see some vertical red lines across the mpeg or avi file when it plays. They will sort of change patterns depending on what action is on the video. (If you have seen shorts in an LCD screen that are vertical, this is similar to what it looks like, except I have a 17" CRT monitor.) I have noticed that this does NOT happen on DivX type AVI and MPEG files, nor does it happen on WMV files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers, DirectX 9, WMP 10, and used an older set of video drivers. I have no idea why this is happening. It is a very strange occurrence. Here is my computer setup.

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ S939
1 gig of Mushkin Pc3200 DDR Ram (Timings 2.5-5-5-5)
200 GB Maxtor SATA HD
Video card ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 64 MB AGP.

I have also disabled the Nvidia/ATI VideoCard Overdrive feature in the Bios. Thank you for your help.

Well, most of it I fixed myself. I had to download some proper codecs and tweak the settings on them. I had to use the Klite codec pack and run it in Media Player Classic. I don't have any problems in videos anymore, but I have noticed that if I run SNES and Sega Emulators (Zsnes and Gens), it does the same thing the movies were experiencing. I also noticed that these lines dissapeared when I toned down the hardware acceleration to No DirectX accelerations, (those lines were gone in movies and games). Does anyone know what this could mean? Is my GPU messed up a bit? I have a feeling that the K8N Neo2 Platinum may not be fully compatible with my Radeon 9000......

Back