I am at an almost completely loss right now, trying to troubleshoot a hardware issue with a Logitech USB laser mouse.
A few months ago, my mouse started to freeze. By "freeze," I mean it would stop moving, and not respond. It would not reconnect automatically, it would not disconnect, it would simple stop responding.
A simple pull out and plug in of the mouse seemed to fix it. I decided to first test the mouse cable. I did this by obtaining two other USB mice, that are known to work. Both suffered the same issue as the first. Both also would resume normal functioning, after unplugging and replugging them.
I have no spyware, I have no virii. I have reinstalled all my drivers, and checked out bios updates to see if there were any USB changes, but there were none.
The problem is sporadic, I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing it to occur. There are no messages, no errors in event viewer, nothing happening as far as my OS is concerned.
I am starting to think it might be a power issue, as I have quite a few devices on the machine that use the PSU.
I am running the following:
4CoreDual-VSTA Motherboard VIA PT894 chipset.
2GB of DDR2 667mhz
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.13ghz
Radeon x850 AGP8x - uses a psu plug for power.
1 internal IDE HD
1 internal IDE DVD-RW
2 USB 2.0 HD's - connected through USB obviously.
USB Fata1ity Keyboard - Hooked in through ps/2 adapter.
APC BackUPS - connected through USB.
Bluetooth Adapter - connected through USB.
550w PSU to power it all. So, I'm not sure what else to check. I am currently looking through all my drivers again, to make sure they'll updated, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks up their sleeves?
Thanks.
The PSU is
A few months ago, my mouse started to freeze. By "freeze," I mean it would stop moving, and not respond. It would not reconnect automatically, it would not disconnect, it would simple stop responding.
A simple pull out and plug in of the mouse seemed to fix it. I decided to first test the mouse cable. I did this by obtaining two other USB mice, that are known to work. Both suffered the same issue as the first. Both also would resume normal functioning, after unplugging and replugging them.
I have no spyware, I have no virii. I have reinstalled all my drivers, and checked out bios updates to see if there were any USB changes, but there were none.
The problem is sporadic, I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing it to occur. There are no messages, no errors in event viewer, nothing happening as far as my OS is concerned.
I am starting to think it might be a power issue, as I have quite a few devices on the machine that use the PSU.
I am running the following:
4CoreDual-VSTA Motherboard VIA PT894 chipset.
2GB of DDR2 667mhz
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.13ghz
Radeon x850 AGP8x - uses a psu plug for power.
1 internal IDE HD
1 internal IDE DVD-RW
2 USB 2.0 HD's - connected through USB obviously.
USB Fata1ity Keyboard - Hooked in through ps/2 adapter.
APC BackUPS - connected through USB.
Bluetooth Adapter - connected through USB.
550w PSU to power it all. So, I'm not sure what else to check. I am currently looking through all my drivers again, to make sure they'll updated, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks up their sleeves?
Thanks.
The PSU is