• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Strange Temps?

Hatchet4015

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
485
Ok, so I am idling at 64 C on my 6800 (370/850 +1vp). Seems a little high, but if I start up a game (only been using Counter-Strike) my card temps will drop (yes, DROP) to 55 C. I dont understand, higher temps at desktop, lower temps at gaming? I can even minimize Counter-Strike, and it will hold at 55 C. Any ideas on what is going on?
 
Counter-Strike is a relatively un-stressful game, you might be CPU bottle-necked if you are running low-res like many CS players do.

Try taking the temperature after some 3dMark2001 loops.

Unlike 2003, 3dMark2001 doesn't pause between tests, heating cards to their max, usually.

Otherwise, the temperature diodes are fairly inaccurate.
 
ok then, maybe when he's idling his fan shuts off, then when he plays a game it turns on and cools it quicker than it heats up?
 
Back
Top