Strange Real temp read outs

Elios

Supreme [H]ardness
ok soo i was doing some stress testing and i think some thing got stuck with the temp sensor

real temp or any other tool in windows for that matter now wont show under 56c
bios read normal for idle temps like they have been befor this ~36c

i ran the temp sensor test and when it does the cool down test the temp will drop under to were it should be but when it does final idle test the temp goes back UP to 56c on the dot
any ideas?

Last edited:
See the last 100.0% number in RealTemp? That means you have some background task running on your computer keeping your CPU nice and hot.

Open up the Task Manager and see what that task is and then get rid of it.

It could be a virus or some sort of spyware or who knows. When you are in the bios looking at your CPU temperature, there is nothing in Windows running putting a load on it.

ok this pissing me off now BIOS reads fine 36c ish on all core and the Tcase is like 38c were it has always been but the temps in windows are WAY out of line

thats the thing Process Explorer is showing 0 load too every thing else says 0 load

Last edited:
ok so after running avery AV known to man Burebista thought about checking the power settings lol
and seems this was it changing it from Balanced to High Preformance did the trick and works fine now
wini.jpg

Elios: I've never heard of this problem before except on an early version of Windows 2000. The default load meter in RealTemp is based on the percent of time a CPU is in the C0 state. It does not always equal what the task manager based load meters will show you. In this case, it told you that something was loading your CPU internally and it was right. As soon as you got that fixed up, the C0% dropped to a normal level and your idle core temperatures also look like they've dropped significantly.

There has to be some sort of bug in the Windows 7 power management feature on your computer. It might be a bios issue as well. You should be able to use the Balanced setting without it causing your CPU to heat up like that at idle. That's not saving much power when internally the CPU is working as hard as a rat on a tread mill chasing a piece of cheese. :)

Great to see that RealTemp helped you get to the bottom of this issue.

RealTemp 3.58
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/RealTempBeta.zip

for whats its worth im running the F4 bios for the board thats in my sig GA-P55A-UD4P
if there is any thing you would like me to try to see if it IS a BIOS issue let me know

Back