Strange Raid 0 Performance, help please?

wulfshayde

n00b
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
2
I've attached below screenshots of both HDTach Short and Long. You will also find a shot of ATTO run at 32mb. What I find strange is that the write performance seems fine, however the read performance on the smaller end seems somewhat... poor. I have a raid 0 setup using 1 WD Raptor 74G and 1 Maxtor 160G (I know, the drives aren't the same and will affect performance, but this seems... strange) It stripes to 136G (approx.) and is using a 64k stripe. Can anyone offer me any advice to boost performance? Anything at all? I know that this is alright, but I think I should be getting better read performance on the lower end.

atto.gif


hdtach-short.gif


hdtach-long.gif


P.S.: FWIW I am using an Asus A8N-SLI Vanilla motherboard with nForce drivers version 6.65 directly from the asus website. I have SMART turned off and can't think of what else to do to increase performance.
 
I'll assume it's the obvious... use a smaller stripe and the same drives. I was hoping there was another option to help performance though. lol.
 
Back
Top