Strange problems, possible CPU related

TripleTrailer

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
173
First off specs:
Mobo: Asus M4A77D
CPU: PII X2 555 unlocks to X4
Memory: 2x2GB Muskin

I was getting memory errors, tried switching out the memory for known good memory, and I got the same problems. So I figured it might be a problem with the memory controller. So I set the CPU back to stock clocks and back to 2 cores, same problems. I'm not sure what to try next, any idea?

Interesting side note, the system will boot into Windows 8 Dev Preview and works fairly well, but hangs on Windows 7 boot much like previous memory problems I had, which were fixed with replacement of the memory, but not this time.
 
I just had a similar issue yesterday with the PC in my sig. Getting BC code 50 (Page fault in non-paged area). I uninstalled CPU and GPU drivers then rebooted. Win 7 ran some updates and now all is good. Seems like a driver conflict with a Window Update possibly.
 
I wouldn't reinstall windows for memTest, you can download a bootable iso online. All my memory problems have been reported in the first 45 minutes of memTest.
 
Back
Top