• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange problem

Seizure Explosion

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
116
I'm getting a huge feedback loop right now because my computer seems to be sending any audio it receives via my mic jack straight back to my speakers.

I have a X-fi xtreme music soundcard, if that helps. It started when I was reeinstalling BF2 (which I had uninstalled to make HDD space). As soon as it got past the mic test stage, this started happening. I have no idea how to fix it, but right now I can't hear anything but a loud buzzing.

Is there a way to turn of getting a direct feed from my mic jack to my speakers?
 
Yea, open up the windows volume control pannel, and mute the mic....... (or what ever you have it plugged into).
 
Seizure Explosion said:
That would be an option if I weren't using said mic jack to record audio.
No, it's still an option. You can record the mic, without having it loopback to your speakers. (give it a try).

Remember, in windows, there are two main set's of volume control. You have the "Playback", and you have the "Record".
 
I seem to have this problem also. My recording level is maxed and all I hear is static muting the mics seems to have no effect.
 
Well. I grabbed another hraidrve and istnllaed windows. The sound card works fine. Which means it is some sort of program. I have done selective startup and disabled services and all startup programs with no diff. How do I find the whatever responsible for this static problem? I had to install .net 1.1 framework for the wife which caused the comp to crash and I had to uninstall in safe mode. I think this is where all the sound problems began. I also reinstalled my audigy 2ZS and it would work fine.
 
Back
Top