• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange Problem with MSI 6800GT - Please Help

HottSauce

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
109
I just got a new MSI 6800GT (PCI-Express) to go with an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. Here is the problem. If I connect a DVI cable from either of the two DVI outputs on the video card to the DVI input on my LCD, I get no signal. However, if I connect a DVI to VGA adapter on one of the DVI outputs of my video card, then use a VGA cable from that adapter and into the VGA input on my LCD, everything works fine.

The first thing that comes to mind is that the DVI cable must be bad. This can't be true though because when I used the same cable out of my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and into the DVI input on the same LCD, it worked fine.

What else could be the problem? Any suggestions are welcomed!
 
I used the cable with my old video card and it worked fine. I can't think of anything else that could be wrong. :(
 
Back
Top