• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange Problem With File Type

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
4,137
I found the answer myself :). I had the capture setting set to 'do not convert', and this would make the program think it was saving a video, so it would save a blank video stream without any codec. I changed the setting to 'Audio Extraction MP3 to MP3, and it removed the video stream, so it works perfectly. PEBKAC :p. Thanks guys, I hope someone finds this useful.

So, in my other thread, I posted that I was able to use Replay Media Catcher to download music streams from MOG. This was a breakthrough. Now I have a new issue. MOG's official claim is that their songs can be streamed in 320Kbps MP3. Using Replay Media Catcher to download the RTMP streams of music, Replay Media Catcher automatically appends the music with an FLV extension. When I try to play the music in VLC Media Player I get the message:

No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

Besides this error message, the music plays fine, and codec info identifies all the music as 44.1KHz Stereo MPEG Audio Layer 1/2/3 (mpga) @ 256/320Kbps. My problem: when I change the extension to MP3, there are tremendous artifacts, it sounds like it's underwater, and the tempo of the song is greatly accelerated. This does not occur when I use an MP4 extension, but it does with MP3, and also WMA extensions. When I try to play the songs using an MP4 extension or M4A extension in the Zune software, it gives an error message that the file is corrupt/invalid. Can anyone give me some insight as to why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it? I want to put his music on my Zune 30GB, and it only supports MP3 and WMA, neither of which play back correctly right now.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top