• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange noises from Nepton with closed case

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
3,020
This is a funny issue, which I do not know how to counter and what is causing it. I've Nepton 280L on top of my Carbide 540 Air. With closed case, from time to time it emits strange whirling noises. I know it's the Nepton, because I switched GPUs, turned off case fans, and it was the only thing whirling. To stop this noise all I needed was to push the case a bit, and everything was in order. I tried removing side panel, but it doesn't solve everything, the pump is whirling again, until I tap the case.

So, what's wrong? Pump dying, it's not tight screwed or anything else?
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a vibration from one or both of the fans on the Nepton causing your case panel to vibrate. There are lots of ways to stop it if thats the problem, a Rubber washer on the Nepton fans or finding the point on the case where there is some play and putting a strip of black electrical tape there to tighten up the space thats vibrating might help.
Also check the fans to see if they have dust, that can cause unwanted vibration.
 
Thanks for the ideas. I have removed the side panel, and it seems that the noise didn't disappear. Guess I'll have to take care of those fans.
 
Back
Top