• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange Noise When Turning the Computer on

Copycats

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
55
I Just put together my new Sandy Bridge build with:

Intel i7-2600K
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo
4GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Intel X-25 SSD 128GB
WD Raptor 80G
nVidia GTX570 Superclocked
Antec TruePower New 750W
Coolermaster 690II Case

When I push the power button to turn on the computer, every time, there is some strange noise from the speakers which lasts about 3 secs then goes away. After that, everything is normal and the system runs fast and quiet. Sound is normal in windows as well. Later on I found out that turning on and off the power switch on the power supply generates the same kinda noise too. First I thought it might be the PSU to blame so I switched back to my old Antec True Power 430 but the noise remains.
I also tried different grounding methods to no avail.

Any idea what's causing this? Sounds like the PSU interfering with the motherboard?
 
sounds like the post speaker is having issues. If you have connected the case speaker to the mobo(in the bottom right part of the board) check to make sure the "speaker" connector is properly pushed on and not partially on.
 
Last edited:
The noise came from the external speakers not from the post speakers (post speaker is not even hooked up) ... I use the onboard audio and output through analog cables to my receiver.
 
Back
Top