• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange new connectors

well... ones the standard 4-pin ATX12v connector.

not sure on the other though, PEG maybe?
 
Ooooohhhh!!! You have an Asus A7N8X.

I'm amazed how many people out there still have those boards.

As above stated, the yellow/black 4-pin is a 12V connector used to power the CPU on 99% of the motherboards on the market. Your board being one of the 1%.

The second connector is sort of antiqutaed. It's called a 6-pin aux and it was typically used to provide additional power to the AGP Pro slot. It provides 3.3V and 5V. These usually end up zip tied and tucked up above the PSU in the case. ;)
 
I felt the same way.... until about two months ago when none of my suppliers could provide me with Socket A PIB's. :(
 
Probably. Depends on the model of the PSU. But if it's dual rail, which it probably is, then you've got a whole 12V rail that's not even being used.... at all... for anything.
 
jonnyGURU said:
I felt the same way.... until about two months ago when none of my suppliers could provide me with Socket A PIB's. :(

Not even a Sempron?
 
Not PIB. I can get OEM, but for workstations for clients I'd rather have the three year warranty and a stock AMD fan is more than enough.

I'm using Semprons.. but they're Socket 754. And they don't cost me any more than the Socket A's did. :D
 
Back
Top