Strange label on patch panel

BigD1108

Limp Gawd
I got a free patch panel from work(I signed on to help the IT guys at the hotel I work at rewire the mess pictured here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1363652) and there was a strange label inserted into the back of it with color coded wiring diagrams that are supposed to match the T568 A and B standards...but they don't. Any reason why that would be? Here are the order that is listed on the panel:

568A:

White/Blue
Blue
White/Green
Green
White/Orange
Orange
White/Brown
Brown

568B:

White/Blue
Blue
White/Orange
Orange
White/Green
Green
White/Brown
Brown

just wire it like it says to do for the B standard.

http://www.fourpair.com/Images/backofpanelcloseup.jpg

some are done like that and corrected in the circuitry

Yea I've seen that too. Alot of times on the back end of projects I've just had to repair (not redo the whole thing) I'll just fix it in the middle of the line, or on one end of the line to get it to work correctly...

Or, they could actually have a valid reason for it.

FYI, that is pretty standard in terms of patch panels. It makes it very easy to terminate because you don't even have to split the pairs. I couldn't imagine having to terminate a 42u rack if i had to split the pairs out to match the wiring standards

I realized that after looking at the panel some more and reading marley's post. Now I just need to find a decently-priced rack to put all my equipment in, which has proven to be really difficult so far.

In other news, I got 9 HP ProCurve 2524's for free last night, so that was pretty cool. Of course, I have no need for 9 switches, but the price was right. :)

My buddy at work was looking to get rid of them, and I tried to offer him a sum of money for all of them, and he said "Take them. They're just collecting dust in my garage". Couldn't turn that down. I'd probably be willing to sell some of them. How much are they really worth? I looked on eBay and saw wildly varying amounts, from like $60 up to over $500. They have them on NewEgg for like $449.99 a piece. They're all in used condition, a few scratches, nothing major.

My buddy at work was looking to get rid of them, and I tried to offer him a sum of money for all of them, and he said "Take them. They're just collecting dust in my garage". Couldn't turn that down. I'd probably be willing to sell some of them. How much are they really worth? I looked on eBay and saw wildly varying amounts, from like $60 up to over $500. They have them on NewEgg for like $449.99 a piece. They're all in used condition, a few scratches, nothing major.

Just PM me if you can...

Do you know manufacture date or warranty or anything?

I'd really like to get some decent switches on my network rather running a mixed variety.

That is how most if not all 110 block patch panels are terminated. That is the same way a 66 block is terminated, in pair order.

Back