• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange issues with an Asus EAH4870

jasondean98

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
278
I just replaced my 4850 (512Mb) with a 4870 (1Gb) and now I've got strange flickering horizontal lines accross the screen!:(

I ran the OCCT GPU test for 1 hour with no errors and all drivers and updates are installed.

So, is my PSU (Corsair HX 520W) not enough, or do you guys think I've got a dud Card?

I'm thinking of getting a Corsair 620W or 750W, would this help?!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
 
Your new 4870 is probably defective, swap in the old 4850 to make sure though. If the problem is gone, you'll need to RMA the new card.
 
I ran 3DMark® Vantage and scored around 9000 and had no problems so Could it still be the card?

Sorry to be a noob!
 
Do you see this issue only in Windows or do you also see it during bootup? If you see it during bootup then you definitely have a bad card. If it only happens once Windows loads, then it very well could be a driver issue.
 
I would agree with Un4given, if any issues are present during the bios or post enviorment the issues would be hardware related. You may want to run a full driver cleaner along the lines of driversweeper to ensure you do not have any corrupted inf's present causing you issues. Additionally you can then run a gpu test through an app like OCCT ( my fave for stress testing the gpu ) or a couple of the ones i have linked below. Additionally do not forget to check the known issues on ati catalyst site to ensure the problem you are having is not related to a driver.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Driver-Sweeper-beta-2.0.0-download-2186.html

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/

http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en
 
UPDATE!

I took the card back and had it replaced and also got a Corsair 620W PSU.

I'll report back after running OCCT and Driver sweeper.

How long should I run OCCT and what settings!?

cheers
 
It was a dodgy GPU, so it's all good now!

Thanks for your help:D

Capture.png
 
Back
Top