• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

strange heatsink/fan

LongShotHero

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
386
Ok, so I put in a new 3200+ venice, MSI K8N NEO4-F, zalman 7700cu, ram, video card, psu and now i tryed running Motherboard monitor 5, and the strangest thing shows up. It says my cpu is -56C which is impossible with air cooling in a pretty warm room (or just about any room for that matter :D ) So I figured it was because i had chosen a similar mobo because they didnt have the exact model I have so I go and get MSI's utility to display volts, rpms, and heat but alas! the same problem. -56 I have a screenshot \/ **Sorry the - is barely visible in the screenshot**

UPDATE- I bumped my ram up to 2.7V and now its reading +33C to +40C so i guess the problem worked itself out

wackedoutcputemp.jpg
 
Back
Top