• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Strange HD problem

molson3530

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
1,923
So, I get back from break and turn my computer on (computer left at school powered down) and the winows bootup screen freezes (the scrooling blue bar). Second try, it freezes at the bios splash screen. I opened the computer up to check all of the connections and tried booting just from my boot drive and it works fine. After hooking my storage drive back up, it goes past the boot screen but the computer tries to boot from a cd. Go into bios and there are no hard drives recognized. Unplug my storage drive (Maxtor MaxLine III 300GB) and my 74GB Raptor shows up in bios and exerything works fine. The motherboard is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and the drives are using SATA ports 3 and 4, which IIRC is the Nvidia controller. I have made no major changes to the computer in the last year and a half. Any suggestions?
 
Bump, still can't figure it out. I don't want one of my folding boxen to go down...
 
Haven't tried since it is a storage drive..No windows installed on it.
 
Back
Top