• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Strange Hardware Issue

ObscureShape

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
64
Hi, I am completely stuck on this one and would appreciate any help..

A few weeks ago this started, randomly through use - not when any particular App was started - I would get a BSOD stating that a physical memory dump was taking place, that was in XP.

I formatted, installed 2k Pro to see if that made any difference.. Same issue.

I then took out my RAM, and put in a stick from another machine - the problem stopped for about 4 days, then came back and is, again, gradually getting more frequent.

What could possibly be causing this?

Im running an ABit NF7 motherboard, and at the moment 256MB DDR RAM, running Win2000 Pro.. And again, these BSOD's are becoming more frequent.

The memory dump's blame various .sys files - I cant find the paper where I noted them down though, but they change pretty much every time.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, this is doing my head in.
 
check all your temps, like northbridge heatsink etc.

Also check your rail voltage, 12v 5v

also check your HD for bad sectors
 
Back
Top