Strange happenings with my ASUS P5B deluxe

Cr@zZy

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased a new rig consisting of a P5B deluxe, e6600, and CORSAIR XMS2 2GB PC2 6400.

Now what is strange is that when I power on the PC my dell 2405 does not automatically come out of standby. It will stay in standby until windows loads and as soon as the desktop loads the monitor will come out of standby on its own. However, if I turn the screen off then on during POST I get a screen and I can get into the BIOS properly. I have also had the BIOS lockup while making changes without the board over clocked. Do you think my board is a dud? I have never experienced anything like this. I am using the lastest bios available, 0804.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have almost the same system specs as you (check sig) and sometimes my BIOS would lock up on me as well. I'm not having the exact same problem as you, but everytime I shut down and turn it back on, it would get stuck at the BIOS and would not post. Then I would have to unplug my power cord and replug to get it working again. Finally figured out it was my ipod that was screwing something up. As soon as I unplugged my ipod, it boots up normally again. My guess is a USB device is the culprit. Try unplugging all your USB peripherals and see if you're still having the problem.

I have almost the same system specs as you (check sig) and sometimes my BIOS would lock up on me as well. I'm not having the exact same problem as you, but everytime I shut down and turn it back on, it would get stuck at the BIOS and would not post. Then I would have to unplug my power cord and replug to get it working again. Finally figured out it was my ipod that was screwing something up. As soon as I unplugged my ipod, it boots up normally again. My guess is a USB device is the culprit. Try unplugging all your USB peripherals and see if you're still having the problem.

I removed all the USB devises and it still does it. The monitor just never comes out of standby...

Back