Strange green lines with an ATI 5850 and Dell 3007WFP

Maybe bad card maybe not all kinds of things could cause your issues. It could have been your cables, the ports on the original card, the PCIE clock in your BIOS. It could have even been just a slight bit of oxidation on the pins for your cables. If it makes you feel any better you definitely not the only one experiencing these issues as evidenced by the other posts here and http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=468915

I had the exact same problem. Green artifacts with an HIS 5850 card on my dell 3007wfp. I thought it was the monitor but figured I'd try changing the board. Changed the board to an HIS 5870 and the problem was worst than the 5850. I took back the HIS 5870 and got a Saphire 5870 and presto. No more artifacting problem. Everything works absolutely as it should.

I would guess that there must be memory from different suppliers on these boards or memory not to the right tolerances. Or even the GPU might not be the right tolerance. In any case three times was a charm here with a change of suppliers. I read MSI problems online as well so I don't think it's supplier related. I think it's related to the components on the card and the luck of the draw.

...and to think I almost RMA'd the monitor.

Good luck with all those with this problem. It seems prevalent.

Well, I guess I spoke a bit too soon. Although the problem is mostly gone with the new Saphire card, there's still a slight bit of green artifacting on a black background. It's a lot less though so I have to conclude that the quality of the card has a direct influence on the degree of green/red artifacting. At least this is bareable--although disapointing. I sincerely hope AMD does monitor this board and finds a solution.

I used to buy nothing but AMD cpus and was a big fan. I switched over to Intel a few years back because it was obvious they had overtaken AMD in cpu design for the foreseeable future. I was glad to give AMD my business on the GPU products. Hopefully they work hard to earn my business with this. I replaced a GTX 260 and an en8800gt for a pair of ATI cards. I don't want to feel like I regret it.

After having the card for another month, I'd have to say the issues are the same. It's not the card, as I have experienced this as well on my GTX295 though to a much lesser extent. It's most obvious when you first turn on your monitor (either cold start or from standby), after about an hour or 2 it goes away pretty much 99.99% of the time.

I have the very same problem. Have any of you guys tried to down clock your cards in the drivers control panel?

I only get this problem when running in 2560x1600 resolutions. Maybe the RAM on the card is just running to hot or something.

I have changed cables but the problem is still there.

Any other suggestions?
Dell support have told me it is a windows 7 driver issue.
Not the monitor but the card itself.

Back