Strange Display error

cinohpa

Limp Gawd
So, I started having a really strange problem today. My laptop is connected to a g2400wd and while it was running the screen froze and turned crazy rainbow colors so that the original screen image was still somewhat visible, but distorted by the colors and blurring.

I thought, oh no, my monitor's going bad! So I restart hoping everything would be fine and after that not helping a few times, I decided to unplug the monitor. Eventually, after some more failures, the display started showing input from the computer again, but after being in my OS for a few minutes, the same thing happened and the whole cycle was repeated.
Let me emphasize, that by the sounds I've been hearing, it sounds like the computer is booting up as normal, the input to the display just isn't working even though the display itself is lit up indicating it's on.

This leads me to believe it is an operating system error, or an even more fundamental display error. I have the tools to investigate most of the possibilities, but I have a very busy week ahead of me, and I'm looking for any advice that could save me some time.

Do you guys know of any errors, g2400wd or otherwise related, that could be related to what's going on with my machine?

I'm running vista x64.

Thanks a lot.

Back