• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange display behavior with 6800 ultra?

Ripper

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
129
On a fairly infrequent basis (once every few days to a week), my PC gets this weird screen thing. It looks like someone took a fine rake and dragged it across my display - there is horizontal bleeding. That's the best I can describe it. It affects everything on the screen at the time - games, windows, ect. I restart the PC and everything's fine again.

What could be causing this? What is it?
 
seems as if its overheating.
make sure you have good case cooling and clean up your wires.
 
I killed 3 psu w/ this damn card. Antec 550,430 and thermaltake 480. I loaded them with 4 HDs w/ raid0 and a ;ot of fans+watercooling pump&radiator. Check your psu.
 
The case is running @ 38*C idle and like 44-46*C under load. I have two 120mm fans and the cabling is clean. I don't *think* it's a heat issue...?

The PSU is a 470w Enermax Noisetaker. I've got two molex plugs in the card without any other devices attached to those lines. I'm only running 2 case fans, 2 HDDs, and the CPU cooler..
 
Back
Top