Strange device

Hello
I have a strange device in my local network that i discovered with ip scanner. This device is not visible in my routers web interface. My routers ip is 10.0.0.138 and last digits of mac address is 66. The device i found have ip 10.2.0.138 and last digits of mac is 67. It has same manufacture name as my router but is also named "localhost". It wont respond to ping. Its also visible in the app "Wifi Thief Detector". It connect and disconnect at various times. Right now its not online according to app. Its also visible in Wireshark but i am totally green on how to read all the information there. Also im using powerline adapter and range extender connected to it.

Last edited:
I notice in the ARP table if i turn on my phone wifi which goes through the range extender the device change its mac address to be identical with routers mac address (66). And if i turn off wifi its mac change back to 67.

I don't see a question or anything. What are you looking for help with? You didn't even post full MAC addresses, and I'm unsure how you determined the manufacture name. You then finish your post by saying you have a powerline and range extender plugged into it, so it doesn't sound like a mystery.

Well couple things to start
1. Change your Wifi network passwords to something strong
2. Update the firmware of your router
3. if you still see it - factory reset your router and reconfigure it from scratch.
disconnect ALL devices from your network, except 1 device to check for the mac, after you have changed your WiFi networks password.

If after changing the wifi password nd disconnecting all wired devices from your network, you still see this device showing up, and even after a factory reset of your router...then something weird is def going on.

Is your Router the Router / Modem from your ISP?

Back