Hey guys,
Very strange issue going on over on my personal computer, and I'm not sure what the problem is. I really have never had problems with my computer before. Lately I've been getting some artifacts appearing in WoW. Beyond that, last night my computer began making a really strange clicking sound over and over, then would stop for a decent amount of time.
My computer, when shutting down, typically makes a single "click" noise the second before it shuts down. If I perform a shut down, watch the hard drive do it's thing, computer clicks, then power shuts off. When playing my game last night, every now and again my computer would make that same "click" once a second for maybe 10 seconds at a time. Then it would stop for awhile, and then occur. It also seemed to only occur if I had Firefox open while playing the game, but this wasn't always the case.
Any ideas? I really hope it isn't my hard drive. Performance did not seem decreased by any means when the clicking was occurring, and there were no unknown processes that were occurring on my machine during that time.
Very strange issue going on over on my personal computer, and I'm not sure what the problem is. I really have never had problems with my computer before. Lately I've been getting some artifacts appearing in WoW. Beyond that, last night my computer began making a really strange clicking sound over and over, then would stop for a decent amount of time.
My computer, when shutting down, typically makes a single "click" noise the second before it shuts down. If I perform a shut down, watch the hard drive do it's thing, computer clicks, then power shuts off. When playing my game last night, every now and again my computer would make that same "click" once a second for maybe 10 seconds at a time. Then it would stop for awhile, and then occur. It also seemed to only occur if I had Firefox open while playing the game, but this wasn't always the case.
Any ideas? I really hope it isn't my hard drive. Performance did not seem decreased by any means when the clicking was occurring, and there were no unknown processes that were occurring on my machine during that time.