• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange behaviour.

PvP-ForLife

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
214
I bought a new 250 Gb WD (Sata II - my mobo is an Asus A8V Sata I - I just felt this is worth mentioning), and sat it next to my 120 Gb Segate. I decided to step up to ntfs, so I did, I formated the WD using ntfs(while my Segate where Windows and the rest of the stuff is on was fat32). This is where the problems appeared, I started to get stuff like "unable to write" "onable to copy" when games crashed or any other random stuff happened ( I belive that somehow the ntfs "security" didn't allow this kind of file management on it from a fat32). I said to myself that it has to be a compatibility problem between the fat 32 Segate and the ntfs WD so I formated the first and now both are ntfs. While moving stuff around back and forth I got a new error "i/o error can't copy file ....". Can this be a cable problem ? I also ran WD diagnostic tools and only my Segate hdd is recognised (ironic isn't it..)
I am sorry for my spelling, I am really in a rush but I thank in advance for any usefull advices.
 
just a stab in the dark.. but..
unplug the seagate and try the wd diag again.
 
Back
Top