• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stormcool III Watercooling Kit

Dijonase

Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
946
Does anyone know anything about this product? I searched for reviews but all the sites that had reviews were just linking to the same exact review from www.casemodworld.com. The reviewer seems to think it's agood product, but I'd like more than one opinion on the matter.

I'm a complete noob to water cooling and was looking for a relatively inexpensive (less than $100) and easy to use solution. Stormcool III seems to be a good way to get my feet wet (but not hopefully not anything else).

Does anyone know anything about this product? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm leaning toward a full kit at this point, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:
Here's a link to the site where I'm looking to purchase it from:
http://www.watercoolingshop.com/cat...d=253&osCsid=2c5dfd07d67954e79d2f9c491370ebd3

Here's a link to the review:
http://www.casemodworld.com/reviews-viewarticle-71.html
 
Just as a bit of an update, I've seen a bit of a prejudice against kits versus custom built water cooling setups. I checked out Danger Den and from the look of things it'll cost me a good $200 (at the low end) to put together my own system. Are the benefits of a custom job really worth that much more cash? I'd just as soon spend $90 or so on a kit than break the bank on a custom job.
 
I don't know if I'd trust a kit with 6mm tubing....... just buy a system off someone in the fs/ft area, you'll get much better performance and be happier in the long run.
 
mad3d said:
I don't know if I'd trust a kit with 6mm tubing....... just buy a system off someone in the fs/ft area, you'll get much better performance and be happier in the long run.

I'm sure that I could get better performance from a custom build setup, but I'm also worried about the price. Under $100, which the Stormcool is, is a HUGE draw for me right now. I haven't seen anything yet that can compete with that price.
 
kronchev is gonna flip out when he sees this...

i would not buy this watercooling kit, even the Thermaltake aquarius performs better than this. the tube diameter is not what scares me because both the koolance and the corsair use 1/4" and they perform good, its the size of the radiator and that waterblock that worries me. my koolance system running the system in my sig which i garantee puts out alot more heat then that test system and mine never breaks 45C.
 
Back
Top