Storm of Zehir

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
It's been out almost 2 weeks now but the reviews just are not coming. I'm getting a little impatient, is this any good? 1up gave it a decent review but I usually trust Gamespot, which hasn't updated it yet. I've heard the story is only average.

What's your feedback on it? How does it compare to other party-based d&d games, control wise? Can you still click and rest in 5 seconds, anywhere you want, without ever being attacked, like in NWN 2 base game?

Thanks!

The user score on GameSpot for Storm of Zehir is 8.3 with 120 votes.

Mask of the Betrayer's user score is 8.3 with 1,343 votes.

Neverwinter Nights 2's user score is 8.4 with 6,903 votes.

Seems good to me.

Game is stated on the NWN forums to have a number of rules bugs.. which is normal for any NWN new expansion. I would give it a week for the first bug fix patch to come out normaly hits the big ones.

I just have the original and last time I tried it's running worse than Crysis on Ultra High with 8xAA, did they patch that stuff?

I just have the original and last time I tried it's running worse than Crysis on Ultra High with 8xAA, did they patch that stuff?
Yeah I did a major PC upgade in the past 6 months and it plays NWN 2 the same as my old system did.

I bought NWN 2 the day it came out years ago and just finished it last week. I finished mask of the betrayer in 3 days after that, lol. You can get mask of the betrayer for 13 dollars shipped on ebay. I'd say wait like 3-6 months, then buy it if you are unsure.

I played through most of the expansion recently and I enjoyed it. It's not the big epic world saving storyline like usual, but it's well put together and a neat twist on things.

Yeah I did a major PC upgade in the past 6 months and it plays NWN 2 the same as my old system did.

i played the original NWN 2 game opening week without patches on a AMD 3200 single core with a 6800GT and 2 gigs of ram.

it was playable at lowe rresolutions but it was not great.

I played the Mask of the Betrayer Expansion with the system in my sig x2 at 2800mhz 4gig RAM and a 9600GT. game ran flawlessly at 1920x 1200 with alot of items turned up.

so if your stil having issues runing the game and your PC is better then mine you got a problems elsewhere.

game runs great now.

Just installed the game again and looks like the patch did something pretty awesome, now I'm able to max it out haha. Might start playing it.

In my experience the only thing slowing down NWN2 would be the water effects (refraction and reflection) and being too optimistic with the shadowmaps.

i played the original NWN 2 game opening week without patches on a AMD 3200 single core with a 6800GT and 2 gigs of ram.

it was playable at lowe rresolutions but it was not great.

I played the Mask of the Betrayer Expansion with the system in my sig x2 at 2800mhz 4gig RAM and a 9600GT. game ran flawlessly at 1920x 1200 with alot of items turned up.

so if your stil having issues runing the game and your PC is better then mine you got a problems elsewhere.

game runs great now.
I haven't played MoB yet. And the only time I noticed it was choppy was in the festival tutorial. My new systems still couldn't get that to play well.

Yes, but it took them a few years and a few tries... they need to be schooled by the Witcher :eek:

well it was running well within the first year of release so lets not exaggerate.

Witcher is a amazing game using a heavily modified version of the game engine.

I played the tutorial levels on The Witcher and wasn't really impressed. Am I missing something?

Yes the Witcher was best game i had played in years, Takes a minuite to get use tot eh new attack style but you grow to like it. story and adult themes are 2nd to none.

I played the tutorial levels on The Witcher and wasn't really impressed. Am I missing something?

Yeah lol you missed the best RPG in years. And now the free Extended Edition thing is out for Witcher, its even better.

Havent picked up Zehir yet but I was wondering about it. MOTB was damn good, story-wise. Still, the best NWN expansion was HOTU for NWN1. So epic.

Wondering when they will start making 4th edition D&D CRPGs, the rules are tailored-made for computer games. :rolleyes:

4th edition D&D CRPGs, the rules are tailored-made for computer games. :rolleyes:
qft

I have the Enhanced Edition stuff for The Witcher downloaded. I just beat Dead Space so I'm probably going to try The Witcher again.

Back