• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Storage Archive for Programs/Games, installation across a LAN

kleox64

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,467
I wona do something like this, use a NAS box to store original program/game cd/dvd's etc... all accessable and installable across a network. Problems being content that requires the discs to be in the actual drive before loading and i dont want to use cracks to disable cd protection. Iam not upto date but i remember a program that creates virtual drives to trick the software into thinking the disc is physicaly in the drive. Nowadays even the software is resistant to this.


Any ideas.


kleo
 
I use Daemon tools to mount my images locally, not sure how it would react across a network. I suppose if you had a linux server you could set up a samba share and store your ISO's there and mount them that way? Im assuming that would work, I may try that myself.
 
Why are you opposed to using No-CD hacks? Most of the games that I've found (not all, but most), once you use a CD-hack you can move the entire folder from computer to computer without running into install problems.
 
You can use either daemon tools or alcohol 120% both can access images across a network.
 
Back
Top