Stopping Vista Sleep

Krilikz

Limp Gawd
Is there any way to stop vista from sleeping when you have certain programs running (ex Torrent applications)

Let me see if I get this straight: You want your computer to sleep normally, but if your running a certain application, E.G. uTorrent, you want it to not sleep?

Turn off Sleep in Vista, and then in uTorrent, go into Options and tell uTorrent to shut your computer down or hibernate when download is complete.

Let me see if I get this straight: You want your computer to sleep normally, but if your running a certain application, E.G. uTorrent, you want it to not sleep?

That's how I read it too, and the solution is really simple.

Disable Sleep when you launch the relevent program. Re-enable it after you've finished using that program.

Yes all those solutions work......however i want it to do it automatically.

I dont want to keep re enableing it.

I also dont want my PC to shut down after the torrent is finished because i seed (hense why i dont want to have my computer shut down).
If any one knows some work arounds.... maybe a mouse moveing program or something?

Caffeine might help. It simulates a key press every minute so your computer doesn't sleep while running certain programs.

You could probably use in combination with utorrent in a batch script. I haven't test this program though.

Yes all those solutions work......however i want it to do it automatically.

I dont want to keep re enableing it.

I also dont want my PC to shut down after the torrent is finished because i seed (hense why i dont want to have my computer shut down).
If any one knows some work arounds.... maybe a mouse moveing program or something?

This is very simple. Use uTorrent. The program has an option within its settings in which it prevents Windows from ever sleeping PROVIDED you have the program running, either maximized, or in your tray, it doesn't care.

But yeah. Run uTorrent. That's the answer to your problem.

Back