• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stopping services can alter SQ?

Read through this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794314/fidelizer-appreciation-and-impressions-thread

Seems to me all that app does is use ASIO and disable services. I already use WASAPI in foobar anyway and am certainly not paying $80 to disable some services. Some people's descriptions of changes to SQ look suspect to me too, like better soundstage, I'm calling BS on that one.

Some people claim that by placing a special stone on top of their cd player, the sound improves immensely. Audio is literally filled with superstition and placebo effect.
 
Definitely BS, and Head-fi.org itself is usually suspect. For example, I've read that any mention of blind testing for anything audio (not just headphones) gets you banned over there. That probably says everything that needs to be said about the forum, but, if you wanted a few more humorous anecdotes, check out the posts here by the OP and the post below his. Head-fi is okay for product announcements and news, but if a person goes in there and starts taking the hooey as fact, they'll probably get suckered into buying things like this or this.
 
Yea, I am familiar with the snake-oil claims. I have a pair of Totem speakers and they came with "tuning dots" on them. I took them off and never heard a difference.

http://marigoaudio.com/tuning-dots/

$79.00 for set of 8


They are just paper dots with one side sticky, LOL. I think mine were blue and had just one dot on each tweeter. These guys are sticking them all over the place - more profit that way.

Totem also believes in these which I did audition and heard no dif again.

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/totem-beaks.html

The Beak was developed to control parasitic vibrations that occur on top of a speaker cabinet. These resonances negatively impact speaker performance, specifically the lobbing action in tweeters. Placing a Beak on any speaker helps to control vibration, provides and reduces interaction between speaker, tweeter and enclosure.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top