Stop selection of users in Outlook From Field

Magi

n00b
The company I work for uses Exchange 2003 as the email server. We each have 2 sets of email accounts and when sending email we choose which of the two accounts we are sending from in the from field. The issue I have is ... I can select anyone in the "from" field including my boss ... and the email still sends perfectly as if they sent it. I want to turn that feature off for all computers so we can only send emails from our own 2 accounts.

You could use group policy to disable the from button on the menu...

But unless you have given everyone 'send as' rights, an email using a bogus from field says "sent on behalf of blah", so why is that a problem?

The problem is it doesn't say anything about the sent on behalf of ... I sent test emails to myself using someone name (selected when you click on the from box, it pulls out all the names in the exchange server) and it looks as if they had sent it. There is no sent on behalf of blank.

Even if I set up the group policies wouldn't the people who have the rights be able to send as different people not just their own couple email accounts?

Back