Stop putting farcry level names or other possible spoilers in SUBJECT

Emret

Limp Gawd
Please dont put level names etc on subjects or in a thread without a spoiler warning.. Its really frustrating to find out things like that instead of by playing :confused:

Things like "The Fort" and "The Dam" are hardly spoilers. and I can't think of any way it could ruin the gameplay :rolleyes:

It's spoiling a game to know that there's a dam in it? Or a Fort? Or a volcano? :confused:

It sorta is, dont you think !? not fort.. but a "dam" and "volcano" especially knowing that its the last level

Not sure how I see knowing the name of a level is a spoiler. Besides, how is putting *SPOILER* in the subject line really going to protect you if they put the level name still? I mean, I can't really imagine that you could read *SPOILER* and not see the entire subject line anyway. Would it be better if people posted subjects like "Help with early part of that level that is named after a big mound that spews lava" or something like that? How does knowing the name vs. knowing the level description help?

RagManX

I guess your safest method is not to come to this area of the forums until after you complete the game ... kinda like safest form of sex is ...well ...not to have sex , or abstenance .:)

So a volcano is the last level? Gee... thanks. Even the people that somewhat agree with me can't do it right? Sorry dude, I don't mind "the dam" etc. but you just f'd up. Thats a level name with more info, worst being that it is the end. Guess I wont be surprised when the game comes to an end. No one ever seen gamefaqs.com before?

Why can't you guys that disagree just shut up? Its been said you are ruining the game for us yet it continues to go on in defiance. That's inconsiderate. That no one will bend when they stand nothing to gain. No one can keep there traps shut just to be nice as obviously the person who feels they had there game ruined is in more of a bind. Oh.... you absolutley must get all specific and what not and talk about this game. No you don't.

Of course, I'll be written off as some guy who is pissed it says the fort and farcry in a subject even though there are serious violations and keep doing what you are doing. This really sucks. Face the facts jerks, people who havent played the game shouldnt read any thing with farcry in the subject because over half end up having a spoiler of sorts. Never done this to same magnitude with any other game.

When you go to the movies is it your fault for being outside and smoking a cigarette and some fools ruin the end of a movie talking about it outside? No this shouldnt happen because its common courtesy. So to compare it to abstinence, well at least you guys probably practice what you preach.

Originally posted by texuspete00
Oh.... you absolutley must get all specific and what not and talk about this game. No you don't.
Would you rather a bunch of threads that go something like this:
Dood i just got to "the best part" in "That game"! yah know? where the thing does that thing? i never saw it comming! scared me to death untill i used the special glowy thing to make it not do its thing anymore, "This Game" ROX!

Seriously though, no one is forcing you to read every FarCry thread. And you dont have to read evey thread title, just skip the ones that say farcry untill you are ready to read them. I do this all the time when i see CS or other bad games mentioned

Im not reading everyone. Why is there a need for eighty threads on how good the game is anyways? Everyone is too lazy to read gamefaqs and there eighty threads by a bunch of highschoolers on how great the game is, some on crapping yourself. Thats the facts. I said I dont care it says the fort or whatever. Point is there are spoilers and I thought mentioning volcano as the last level here was bad. I thought someone who agreed with me would not ruin it. Look at the movie example dude, if it wasnt the freaking END it wouldnt be such a big deal.

You guys are all full of shit because I know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be pissed. WE're playing it just haven't finished. I cant talk about the game? Fact is, it is UNAVOIDABLE to get in a discussion about farcry around here without it being ruined. This crap by guys liek Metallica_Band is good? This whole forum is down the tubes. You guys use the worst examples... all this it would be like "OMG!" and this and that... grow up. Doesnt that get boring... trying to refute arguments with this"OMG RoXoRz." No thats not the solution.

Originally posted by texuspete00
Im not reading everyone. Why is there a need for eighty threads on how good the game is anyways? Everyone is too lazy to read gamefaqs and there eighty threads by a bunch of highschoolers on how great the game is, some on crapping yourself. Thats the facts. I said I dont care it says the fort or whatever. Point is there are spoilers and I thought mentioning volcano as the last level here was bad. I thought someone who agreed with me would not ruin it. Look at the movie example dude, if it wasnt the freaking END it wouldnt be such a big deal.

You guys are all full of shit because I know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be pissed. WE're playing it just haven't finished. I cant talk about the game? Fact is, it is UNAVOIDABLE to get in a discussion about farcry around here without it being ruined. This crap by guys liek Metallica_Band is good? This whole forum is down the tubes. You guys use the worst examples... all this it would be like "OMG!" and this and that... grow up. Doesnt that get boring... trying to refute arguments with this"OMG RoXoRz." No thats not the solution.
Wow, seriously, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? You got a chip the size of Texas on your shoulder! I cant even make sense of half your post.
Let me pose you this question: If we cant discuss games on this forum because it will piss people off and "Spoil" the game, why even have a games forum? Think about it, According to you, if we need help for a game, we should go to GameFAQs (a good resources BTW) and we shouldn’t discuss how good a game is because it will spoil it for other people. Get my point?
Let me say again, no one is forcing you to come here or even read FarCry threads. If you don’t like reading about the game, Don’t do it, its quite simple really.

I'd prefer a more detailed thread title like "Stuck in Dam level" instead of 50 generic "Please help in farcry" titles to sift through.

Besides, all the level names in farcry are generic and don't give anything away.

*Spoiler warning: for those that think 'River' is a spoiler*

Words like Fort, dam, river, volcano, etc. aren't spoilers IMHO.

And for those bitching about all the numerous Farcry threads, here's a tip: When Doom 3 and HL2 come out, you better take a month long vacation from the boards, because if you're 'inconvienced' now you're going to be REALLY pissed when you have to sift through all those threads...

Face the facts jerks, people who havent played the game shouldnt read any thing with farcry in the subject because over half end up having a spoiler of sorts.

Seems like you want us all to stop writing to convenience you. Why don't you just avoid the games forum until you finish the game and convenience yourself and us at the same time. :D

Seriously, I was looking at a Matrix thread the day the last movie came out, and right in the middle, where I least expected it, someone blurted out Trinity died. Was I pissed at the guy for writing that? No, I realized I shouldn't have been looking at Matrix threads until I saw the movie. Discussions about movies and games include their content, which are spoilers if you haven't played.

Originally posted by Jonsey
Seems like you want us all to stop writing to convenience you. Why don't you just avoid the games forum until you finish the game and convenience yourself and us at the same time. :D

Seriously, I was looking at a Matrix thread the day the last movie came out, and right in the middle, where I least expected it, someone blurted out Trinity died. Was I pissed at the guy for writing that? No, I realized I shouldn't have been looking at Matrix threads until I saw the movie. Discussions about movies and games include their content, which are spoilers if you haven't played.
Great, now you've ruined the movie for me. :)

RagManX

I read the threads about the Volcano being the last level before I got there and it didn't bother me at all. In fact I thought a Volcano level would be neat and I couldn't wait to get there. That's just the way I see it anyway.

Originally posted by HKocher
I'd prefer a more detailed thread title like "Stuck in Dam level" instead of 50 generic "Please help in farcry" titles to sift through.

Besides, all the level names in farcry are generic and don't give anything away.

*Spoiler warning: for those that think 'River' is a spoiler*

Words like Fort, dam, river, volcano, etc. aren't spoilers IMHO.

And for those bitching about all the numerous Farcry threads, here's a tip: When Doom 3 and HL2 come out, you better take a month long vacation from the boards, because if you're 'inconvienced' now you're going to be REALLY pissed when you have to sift through all those threads...

I agree with this, thats why I put "The Dam" in my title, Ive read the far cry level names a bunch of times before I started playing it about a week or two ago. I have noooo idea how such generic level names can ruin anything, they didnt for me, so the shoe was on the other foot for me at a point. The only thing I got from seeing "Volcano" as the last level is when I got there I said to myself "Sweet, im near the end!"

Originally posted by Bobsaysthis
The only thing I got from seeing "Volcano" as the last level is when I got there I said to myself "Sweet, im near the end!"

Thats exactly what Im talking about, might not bother you but it does some people

Well what about screen shots? Surley screenies give away tons more than any generic level name could ever. All over the web, and youve must have seen them are screens of monsters you dont meet up with later in the game, weapons you dont get to fire till almost the end, levels that you sure as hell dont start off training on, characters you dont meet till later,etc.etc. Arent those considered spoilers? isint saying "The Dam" and then you reaching "The Dam" and going "oh im playing the level called 'The Dam'" alot less worse than seeing something in its entirety in a screenie and then witnessing it for yourself later on? And how do you know that the level name has anything to do with plotline? most dont at all! most are named after what they take place on "Halo" anyone? :eek: dont tell me it takes place on a ring planet called "Halo" thats too much! the level in Halo for example at the end is called "The Maw" Ive played through the game around 40 times and, correct me if im wrong, but I can swear that nowhere in the game do they mention a "Maw". It seems more of a jump to conclusion that a level name would have anything to do with the actual plotline on your part more than a full blown spoiler. Hell ive seen things online that I havent even got to yet, and im pretty "Dam" near the end of the game!

Again, lots of people respond to me who seemingly didnt read my posts. Like I'm the guy that complained about the level names.

Back