Stop MSN minimizing full screen apps!

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
How do i stop MSN Messenger minimizing my games when i play. I'm in a game and someone sends me a message, my game minimizes.

I change my status to away, i got msg plus and enabled boss mode which sends all messages i recieve to the taskbar at the bottom but that still minimizes my games.

How do i stop MSN Messenger from doing this? it never use to do it a few months ago, now its happening.

And i'll say this now..... Turning off MSN while I game, using another instant messager program or dont game isnt a solution.

I want MSN on when i game so people can leave me messages, i like to read them after i game.

Try using Trillian or GAIM, not sure if they address your problem, but it is worth a shot.

I knew someone will say this, that is why i said this...

And i'll say this now..... Turning off MSN while I game, using another instant messager program or dont game isnt a solution.

You made your choice (using a crappy MS product) and refuse to turn it off, so there you are

Trillian DOES msn messenger. that's the solution...everyone was pissed at AIM and MSN--the proggies are designed to take focus when they get a message, so you get a logo in your face. it's marketing, coded in.

But I have another (maybe) solution. Try getting tweakUI. It's a tool that helps you tweak windows, made by MS. You can tell it what to do about windows stealing 'focus.' if you tell it to deny hte windows from taking focus, it may control the problem.

Back