Stop errors in xp sp3

Hey guys,
So I am having a massive problem with stop errors in xp sp3. I get the stop error 07f after a while no mater what im doing. At first i thought it was a driver conflict/problem so i reinstalled seeing as i wanted to do it anyway (had be about a year and a half) That hasnt helped and now im just getting annoyed. I tried running the windows ram diag software for about 45 mins and it didnt come up with any errors. I had to rma my asus a8n32sli board because it died a while back. I had to buy the msi mobo because i needed a comp for school, so i think it has to do with something on this mobo. guess its time to finally rma the asus board, but trying to find a fix would be nice for now.Im left scratching my head any help would be appreciated.
X2 4800+
OCZ Platinum 2GB DDR 400 pc 3200
EVGA 7950gt
Msi k8n neo4f
Liteon Cd
Hp DVD burner
Antec trio 550

STOP 0x0000007F is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539

It does mention motherboard problems are likely, if the memory is okay (although perhaps running the diagnostics overnight, maybe with Memtest86+, would be better). You have tried setting everything in the BIOS to defaults to make sure there's not a dodgy overclock setting or such?

This may seem odd but I had a similiar problem with a clients computer. Turns out that if I had the usb keyboard plugged in it would show this error without it and it would boot fine.

Try unplugging everything except the power and monitor and see if that solves the issue.

Gordy, i did just get a new logitech wave cordless keyboard/mouse combo, but I remember that problem happening even when i had a older keyboard. I did have a usb mouse. So as I was digging around my bios, some of my ram was set to 2.5 for a timing. I dont know anything at all about overclocking, so could this cause a problem? I have 2 gigs of the ocz ram which has stock timings of 2-3-2-5. I had to enter into manual mode and set the timing to 2 instead of 2.5 so maybe that will help?
Here is the exact ram I have
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_platinum

Not sure on the oc'ing side. I would imagine if it was a ram issue mem test would show errors though.

Back