Stop AIM From coming to front (need help)

nikefido

n00b
I was playing Freedom Fighters and when I get an IM, AIM trys to come to front but this always freezes Freedom Fighters. This usually does not happen with other programs, and I can switch out of this game manually myself, but AIM likes to mess it up.

Anyway....

is there anyway to stop AIM from coming to front when I receive a NEW instant message? I don't see it in preferences....

Also, i found this:
http://www.aol.com/aim/faq/connection.html#active
but that registry file is NOT there, and I don't think that would solve my problem anyway.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Something also keeps not allowing my AIM from going to Idle and my monitor from shutting off after the 15 minutes I have it set to...whats the deal? Adaware/Spybot/Norton (all upgraded) is finding nothing.....

Why not just put up and away message and tell AIM to hide incoming messages while you're away?

nikefido said:
I was playing Freedom Fighters and when I get an IM, AIM trys to come to front but this always freezes Freedom Fighters. This usually does not happen with other programs, and I can switch out of this game manually myself, but AIM likes to mess it up.

Auto-Respond from nikefido: Playing Freedom Fighters. Call me if it's important, or leave a message.

That's what I do when I'm playing a game.

i know tweakui has an option to prevent apps from stealing focus, it's worth a shot (just google it)

KungFuJoe said:
Why not just put up and away message and tell AIM to hide incoming messages while you're away?

bc i can alt+tab out of the program fine if im in a conversation, but new IMs screw the game over

and because I want to be able to if I can (its as simple as that)

thanks for the help

Try Trillian, it allows new messages to sit in the system tray until you click them to open a new window. I use it and I only hear when people message me, no new windows pop up.

mi using tweak ui right now to fix this nonesense

I like the fact that it comes from the Microsoft site, so its legit. Hopefully it doesnt stop something important from happening

Back