stonyc's [FS/FT] Thread

stonyc

Limp Gawd
About Me
I've bought and sold numerous times on MacRumors and have started buying/selling on here recently. You can see my previous [FS/FT] thread here. I registered a heatware account a few years ago, but have only recently started using it. Feedbacks are here:

Heatware: here
eBay: here

MacRumors references may be provided on request.

Payment and Shipping Terms
I have a verified Paypal account. I will not ship first, sorry... Unless specified, the prices listed in this [FS/FT] thread are shipped prices. Unless otherwise noted, I will ship everything UPS Ground, any item over $100 I will provide insurance and signature confirmation of delivery. I will make my best effort to ship the same day that payment is received, excepting weekends (I will then ship the following Monday).

If you need to estimate shipping (for those items that are not priced as shipped), use my zip code 48188. Once a sale for an item like this is agreed upon, I can quote you the shipping (plan on $10-20 depending on actual size/weight), and we can go from there if it's agreeable to both parties.

Also, please don't be afraid to make an offer if you don't like the price... I am very reasonable and hard to offend. I'll do my best to find a price that we can both feel is "win-win".

Product Gallery
Can be found here. **coming soon**

Trades
Not looking for anything in particular right now, but I could be tempted with...
- iPod Nano 5th Gen (black, silver, orange)
- larger SSDs (>160GB)
- surprise me, I have an open mind

On to the fun stuff...

Systems
Nothing right now...

Hardware
(2) G.Skill 6GB (3x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - $140 > $130 > $120/set or buy both sets for $260 > $240 > $225
- used in the i7 rig below for a couple weeks, then got a deal on the Corsair RAM (see below) which replaced these

(1) Apricorn EX Upgrade Universal Notebook Hard Drive Upgrade Kit - $20
- these are brand new, in-box, never opened
- Newegg is selling these for $29.99 with free shipping

Software (software will ship Priority Mail or Flat-Rate Priority Mail, bulk orders of >2 items will be shipped according to the terms above by UPS)
OS X (10.6) Snow Leopard Retail DVD - $20
- hasn't been opened yet, sealed, brand-new

OS X (10.6.3) Snow Leopard Retail DVD - $25
- opened, used, great condition

Miscellaneous
Nothing right now...

I will be adding quite a few more items over the next week or so as I finish up this semester... so please keep checking and thanks for looking!

Sold Items
(1) Apricorn EX Upgrade Universal Notebook Hard Drive Upgrade Kit - SOLD
- these are brand new, in-box, never opened
- Newegg is selling these for $29.99 with free shipping

i7 920 - SOLD
Gigabyte GA-X58A UD3R - SOLD
CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - SOLD
Prolimatech Megahalem Rev. B w/extra set of fan clips - SOLD

(1) XFX 5850 1GB (registered but will help with transfer of warranty) - SOLD
- video card has been registered but I will work with you to complete the warranty transfer.
- comes with all original packaging, manuals, discs, cables, and accessories
- used approximately 3 months in an adult, non-smoking environment

(2) Intel Gen2 160GB SSD (w/TRIM) - SOLD x 2
IcyDock HDD Enclosure/Carriage - SOLD

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4670, 1GB DDR3 - SOLD
- used, but still works great
- more details here
- naked card only

EVGA 9800 GT, 512MB DDR3 - SOLD
- used about 9 months (bought 3/24/2009), worked great in my machine before I upgraded to a 5850
- more details on card here
- will come with original cables, accessories, manual, driver DVD, even the original box

Samsung Slim External DVD Writer - SOLD
- model #SE-S084 ver. B
- USB 2.0 + powered, more information here
- comes with original cable and driver/applications disk, no original box

Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz PCI Adapter - SOLD
- naked card and antenna, comes with driver disk but no manual or original box
- model #WMP54G, version 4.1

Corsair H50 Watercooler - SOLD
- used, but includes all stock components (box, brackets, screws, rad, heatsink, manual, etc.)
- used in an i7 rig for about 3 months, but moved to a Megahalems for a little less noise
- you will need to have your own thermal paste

(1) Corsair 800D - SOLD
- this is housing my current desktop system, but it just dominates my office... going to downsize a bit I think
- this has been used for about the past 4 months and will include all original components and the retail box/padding
- would prefer a local sale, or close enough to drive sale (zip code = 48188), but will ship to the lower 48 for actual shipping (plan on this being quite a bit, the 800D is HEAVY)
- NOTE #1: the bottom mesh filter frame snapped while trying to remove the front face plate once, the mesh was unharmed and I was able to super-glue the frame back together straight
- NOTE #2: the CPU heatsink door on the back of the motherboard tray, one of the plastic hinge nubs was almost sheared off when I got this case, again I was able to super-glue this and it snaps into its socket perfectly, swings open and closed just fine

OS X (10.6) Snow Leopard Retail DVD - SOLD
- this copy has been opened, used, but in great condition

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
*bump* for sold items, also added two video cards (4670 and 9800GT) FS

*bump* added prices for separate components, package deal still available, see OP for details

I'm confused. You can be tempted with 160GB Intel SSDs for trade yet you own one already. Did i miss something?

I'm confused. You can be tempted with 160GB Intel SSDs for trade yet you own one already. Did i miss something?
For RAID 0... I have an odd number right now, so either I need to get rid of one or get another one. :)

Added another 160GB Intel Gen2 SSD at $300. (UPDATE 7:36pm EST... one SSD has been sold, IcyDock is spoken for as well)

Also, dropped the price on the 5850 to $240 shipped.

Last edited:
Back