• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stock Intel fan failed--possible to replace easily?

RedShark

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
1,943
My parents have a Pentium 4 2.4 (socket 478) with the stock heat sink and fan. The CPU fan has failed. Is it possible to replace just the fan, or is it necessary to buy a new heatsink+fan combo?

I'm aiming for simplicity here--cost doesn't matter too much--but I strongly suspect it'd be easier to replace just the fan than the heatsink+fan.

Thanks for any input :)
 
You could also just find some extra fan you have and ziptie it right on top of the old one. Take a picture and stick it in the Ghetto Mods thread :p
 
Or grab one on ebay >>>

$3 Plus 6.41 shipping
Item # 370064601880

I do also see plenty of stock ones for .99 with no bids as well
 
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I figure I'll help my Dad deal with it this weekend :)
 
Back
Top