• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Stock intel cooling

CUSL2MAN

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 23, 2001
Messages
113
I had to replace the intel stock cooler on my i5 750. I bought one on Ebay But it does not have the cooper slug in it like the one that the 750 also it is smaller. Will I still be able to use the one i bought. or would it not be safe to use with the 750. I wanted to get the h100 but the funds aren't allowing that right now.

Thanks,
Rob
 
It depends on your motherboard and if you put the fan as a "pull" fan instead of "push".

If you put the fan on the heatsink as an exhaust "pull" fan, I imagine it would work fine with any ram on most motherboards. What's your motherboard?

I've used the Hyper 212+ on 20 different motherboards and never had a problem. I usually use the G.skill "Ripjaws" ram that has medium-tall heatsinks.
 
if you install the fan in a "push" configuration, it will likely block the first ram slot on that motherboard.

There are two solutions:
1. Use only the white DIMM slots for 2 sticks of RAM
2. Install the fan in a "pull" orientation on the Hyper 212+. It won't block any ram slots then.
 
Hyper 212+ should be just what your looking for depending on the heat sinks on your RAM.
 
I am using the corsair carbide 500r. It has the big fan on the side of the case
 
Back
Top