• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Stock GPU speeds?

jhodach

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
274
So it's my 1st build with and Ati Card (5850) and since I always get paranoid with a new build I have a newb question. When I'm just cruising the internet, my Catalyst Control center says the speed of my card is 157mhz GPU and 300mhz memory. Just wanna know if that is normal?
 
Yes it is. The card downclocks when not in 'heavy' use to save MUCH power.

Something like a 27W idle, iirc. Compared to 151W max, during gaming.
 
Yeah, similar to Intel's SpeedStep and AMD's PowerNow! and Cool 'n Quiet for CPU throttling.
 
Back
Top