• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Still waiting to upgrade?

sculelos

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
4,689
Well I can say I'm still waiting to upgrade as I want to hold off buying parts for my new system as long as I can so price will go down, and maby better parts will come out, but what about you, are you waiting or using older tech like me?

Current Systems specs-

AMD XP3200
1024MB Ram
Geforce 6800GT
120GB HD
 
Upgrading when BFG 7800 GTXs are more readily available. Don't know if I'm gonna go X2 4400+ or 64 4000+ though. :confused:
 
I will probably go for a PCI Express SLI motherboard once the new ATI card debuts.
I will get myself a San Diego 3500+ or 3700+.
By that time I should have my 37" LCD HDTV as my second monitor.
Eventually I think I will go CrossFire with two R520's!!


I want to see my name near the top of my own 3DMark05 list again!! :p
 
specs in sig

while i do have the money to buy a system that will completely blow mine away i guess i'm just holding out for some reason, i wanna upgrade EVERYTHING and the only problem is that i bought this 6600GT about 5 months ago and if i iwant to upgrade i wanna go PCIe...now if i could find a someone to sell all those parts to (keeping the case though) i may upgrade...
 
I had a 6600GT card for a short while, but had to sell it because I needed
the $$.

Now I've been stuck with a FX 5200 for the past couple months, but I'm
expecting a bit of money near the end of the month. It'll probably be
just enough for a 6800nu card and that'll be my last upgrade until I do
a whole system overhaul.
 
I couldn't wait any longer. Upgraded from Celeron 667 MHz/Geforce2 MX200 to Duron 1.8 GHz/Geforce4 Ti4200. It doesn't sound like much of an upgrade but maybe in six months or a year I'll go for a cheap 9800 Pro or 6600 GT or maybe 6800 GT.

I really want dual core, a DX10 card etc but I don't know what will come out and what the prices will be.
 
Well its kinda sad for me, I have the cash, I can upgrade to a really nice system but I'm not upgrading yet in hopes of price drops or new tech coming out by november or so. (When I really should upgrade instead of now where the last really system intensive game that I play is Half-Life2)
 
I'm sitting pretty with an m6805 upgraded to 1.25GB RAM + Audigy 2 ZS. Plays HL2, Doom3, etc. just fine (fine == 1024x768 with ~medium settings). Holding out until Jan at the earliest, then hopefully going full PCI-E, DDR2, etc.
 
Sitting pretty with my rig for every game i want to play this year.
Sempron 2200+ @ 1.78GHz 396 fsb
Asus Geforce 6600 @ 420/670
1024MB DDR400

Next year i'll just sell my parts that i wont be needing anymore and buy either an inexpensive A64 cpu or Sempron 64, an inexpensive nforce4 939 board, maybe more DDR400 ram if games start needing it more (BF2 eats 800 megs!), and one of the Geforce 7 series or Radeon XI(?) mid range series cards. Longhorn should be out next year too so i guess i'll need that new OS. Then i wont upgrade for another 2 years probably after that. IF dual core cpus get cheaper (150 or less which i highly doubt) by next year, then i'd get that.
 
I'm holding out for the time being, I really have the upgrade itch but it would be a bad move for me. My plans are to get an NF3 board and X2 when the prices come down a bit and hold onto my 6800GT. That way when a new PCI-E card I truly want comes out I will only have to purchase a new MB. I will keep my old parts as opposed to selling them as usual because frankly I doubt I would get much for a mobile barton and NF-7s with two Zalmon HS's glued to the NB and SB... Plus I can use them for an HTPC or second box for other tasks.
 
I'm holding out too. This week I'm adding another gig of memory, but otherwise, I'll wait for the cold months when I am more home bound.

XP 3200+
6800GT
512MB
200MB HDD

While I was initially happy with the 500MB, and during the BF2 demo performance was acceptable. Now that BF2 owns me and I'm changing maps regularly, I realize that I was wrong, and 1G really is the minimum. So I have a slot free that I'm going to throw a 1G stick in.
 
CodeRed said:
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=24 ?
haha.. I'm still running a Radeon 8500LE.. Not even sure what I'm waiting for. Maybe if the 7800GTX comes out in AGP and prices for the 6800s fall lower..
Thanks for the link CodeRed. LOL at your system - Opterons with a 8500LE? The Village People called, they want their vid card back :p j/k

Also, I find that the best time for me to upgrade is right around April-May. I usually take summer off and that's when I can really catch up with gaming ;)
 
Back
Top