Still missing drivers for Windows 7?

heatlesssun

Extremely [H]
There's no doubt that the driver situation is MUCH better for 7 than Vista but considering that they share the same driver model that's to be expected. Most Vista drivers should work with 7 just fine.

On the driver front I'm ALMOST there. Missing Brodcom bluetooth and N-Trig digitizer drivers for my tx2z. Been using the Vista bluetooth drivers and they work but they are a bit temperamental and of course with multi-touch being new to Windows 7 (N-trig did it with their drivers in Vista but multi-touch is built into 7) that's a whole new driver.

So I REALLY would like to get the multi-touch drivers and a copy of the Touch Pack as that was kind of cool.

Anyone out there having driver struggles please do tell.

On my oldest box (an old pentium 4 I got for $25 from my school) I didn't have audio drivers or video drivers. I got the XP audio drivers installed with some wrangling and even the front port audio works OK. Got video drivers installed but can't figure out how to hack the Intel 865 graphics drivers to do widescreen rez (there's some hacks for XP that don't work on win7). Probably just drop a low power graphics card in it to fix at some point. The box has no official support any more from Gateway (they sold to another company who went bankrupt) so I'm satisfied that I've got most everything working.

My TX2 lacks the n-trig drivers also (the betas cause random touchscreen clicks, very aggravating). But Dell just released official n-trig drivers apparently so I'm sure HP will have them soon.

My wife's Vostro 1500 has been working perfectly since I put win7 on it two months ago (I haven't tried bluetooth anything on it though).

My desktop 965 board has one "unknown device"...apparently some sort of power saving motherboard feature that isn't supported now...no big deal.

No official audio drivers from Intel though - I think it would fix the no sound in WMP when auto-launching DVD problem I get - hopefully Intel provides an official driver eventually.

Back