Still HOT LCD Deals 1905fp 19in $251, 20in 2005fpw $396 w/free ship

Well, mine came in on Monday, but I had it shipped to my parents in Louisiana so that I didn't have to pay taxes in Texas. Just got it last night - and it is AMAZING!!!!!

I cannot believe this - World of Warcraft and Doom 3 look amazing. Better at gaming than my sister's Samsung 912n.

No dead pixels and no backlighting problems. I was kind of worried with some of the comments on this thread, but I guess I got lucky.

What an amazing monitor for an amazing price.

Seems like these Dell deals always happen once a month or once every other month so dont worry too much about not getting in it this time.

Just got the 2005FPW, NO problems, no dead pixels, no backlighting issues. THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!

1) I was wondering... if you order the DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor, would you have to buy a DVI video adapter card?

2) I am also confused about all the resolution differences and stuff. Could someone please explain.

1) Not if your video card has DVI out.

2) 2005FPW has a native resolution of 1680X1050 which is a widescreen resolution. The other 20" LCD monitor has 1600X1200 which is standard or full screen.

Kjwall21 said:
1) I was wondering... if you order the DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor, would you have to buy a DVI video adapter card?

Some of the flat panels like the 1905fp, 2005fpw, etc... have both a DVI and VGA input. However, you want to use the DVI cable/input from a videocard with a DVI output.

I hooked my 1905fp up to the VGA port on my 6800nu when I first got it, then hooked it up to the DVI port on the same card with the DVI cable, and the picture was much better on the DVI cable. And I would imagine the problem would only be worse as the resolution increased from 1280x1024 (19") to the 1600x of the 20". VGA quality isn't that great at higher resolutions.

BTW on a complete side note, the bleed through is evident on a completely black screen in all four corners. But other its not noticeable. You really have to look for it, AND have a completely black screen.

I used my homemade test here: http://www.masterofeverything.com/screentest.asp

Thanks for the info...

Does anyone have any clue as to when Dell will release new discount coupons?

Also... Does anyone think the DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor will go down to $400 again? I missed the deal... :( . The lowest price i can get now with coupons is $525.

Kjwall21 said:
Thanks for the info...

Does anyone have any clue as to when Dell will release new discount coupons?

Also... Does anyone think the DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor will go down to $400 again? I missed the deal... :( . The lowest price now is $525.

My crystal ball says.... "Please deposit a quarter for your fortune to be read."

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Yes, Dell has sales repeatedly, but those stackable deals were some of the best ever. If you're patient the 35% off will probably come back around... not sure about the stackables though.

Bah I do have some problems... I just noticed them. I have some backlighting issues in a couple of the corners. I am on the phone with Dell as we speak.

Got my new monitor today, SO much better, no dead pixels and VERY minimal backlight problems on the upper right. Anyone else having these problems recently as well?

Anyone know when the 1905fp 19in will drop around $250 again? I can't believe i missed that deal! Any idea's as to when Dell will release new coupons for a drop that low? thanks

PLEASE lock this thread I keep getting suckered in here for nothing. And I mean nothing.

Ordered the 1905FP on May 20... recieved an email message today that it will be delayed till the 10th

:(

Guess I'll be borrowing a benq from work for the week as my old 15' LCD is toast.

Anyone ever have any luck with their CS relaying details? I'm thinking of calling for details of why or at least a compansation for lost time. :p

JC

I too jumped on this deal, i too was told my monitor was delayed. I Called and said "give me a reason or im canceling" and was responded to with a 50 dollar credit on my next purchase which i then used to get an mx1000 mouse for 14 bux. all three items, the 256 memory stick padding, the 1905 fpw for 250 and the logictech mouse for 14 arrived late lat week.

My results?

I have a 6600 gt and a x700 pro 256 megger both with dual outputs (each with a dvi and each with a vga output).

I inistially had the 1905 fpw hooked up with my x700 pro via analog, a-ok, when trying the dvi output on the x700 the monitor would blink constantly.

To the 6600 gt it went. Dvi no problems. no dead pixels, some backlighting but very minimal not enough to return it.

So what do i think of it?

i think this weekend the girlfriend will get it. I game, quite a bit, i play wow, i play cs:s, i play postal hehe, i play enemey territory.

These lcds are still no where as fast as a crt, i had it setup on the 6600gt card for cs and et and compared the screens and smearing is still an issue if you are more then a casual twitch/fps gamer.

Wow is pretty for sure, but the smearing if annoying to you shows up there as well.

Changeing refresh rates does not help, they are still just NOT UP TO PAR WITH CRTS FOR SERIOUS gamers.

I havent tried a dvd on it yet.

yes the colors are prettier and more vibrant on the lcd, and yes you get desk space, but yes i will whoop your ass on a fps with my crt.

I dunno i dont like the mx1000 mouse either, id take my much lighter ms mouse over it, im going to continue to use it to see if i can get used to it, yes it tracks better, but the wight is very hard to get used to, i think ill end up buying one of those razor mice instead and stick this mx1000 up on the media center.

Anyways to sum it up, if your a gamer, find a decent19-21 short throw crt while everyone is dumping them for lcds. The lcd technology just isnt there yet for fps.

somewhat disappointed
BoxingNun

i grabbed the 1905fp during the last deal - used the codes for the memory stick and used that as my cheap filler. i can't be happier with the monitor - it's awesome!

Becasue it is once again being talked about and my first hand account of the monitor is important. These monitors while cheap are still not gamable, you get what your pay for.

holyone said:
Becasue it is once again being talked about and my first hand account of the monitor is important. These monitors while cheap are still not gamable, .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Keep telling yourself that cheif

My buddy's machine has this monitor, I have gamed on it for hours with no noticeable issues. No ghosting that I could see. Great colors, sharp detail.

I ordered my 1905FP on May 22. I just got it today. I got them to give me free overnight shipping, but the screens were backordered and took forever to ship. I have to say i'm quite pleased. At $251 I got a great deal.NO dead pixels, that I can find, and the backlighting is perfect.

Back