• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stick with onboard?

botw

Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
593
I recently built a new system with an MSI 785-e53 motherboard. It has some 8 channel realtek audio chipset and claims true 24-bit / 192 kHz output and blue-ray support. I don't have a fancy audio setup - just a 2.1 system using a Logitech z-2300s and sometimes headphones when gaming.

I was using a XiFi xtreme gamer (one of the earlier ones) with my previous system and was pretty happy with it. I needed it on that because the onboard on my asus MB had all sorts of interference problems.

So far the MSI sounds pretty decent - though I once got a strange static feedback after it had been idling for a while.

Would I see any real benefit to upgrading to a separate sound-card? (Other than perhaps some headphone 3d effects, which I did like with the xi-fi when gaming).
 
I'd def stick to what you have onboard already...on board sound has really come up in quality over the past couple of years.
 
Back
Top