Steve Jobs to Win Vision Awards Title

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
Steve Jobs will be getting a Lifetime Achievement in Technology award from the Vision Awards come September 23rd. The Vision Awards grant recognition to “pioneering visionaries” in the field of music, movies, TV, technology, medical research and leadership.
Jobs' award is most likely connected to the accessibility features in Mac OS and more recently iOS. Despite being based on a touchscreen, for example, the iPad can be set to read out onscreen text, or verbally describe the items underneath a person's finger.

The original Apple consisted of ''pioneering visionaries''. Today... not so much.

That's fucking ignorant. No blind person is going to use an ipad...

The guy is a visionary when it comes to making $.

Release product: check.

Release newer product with newer OS that bricks older product: check.

apple sheeple line up to willingly fork out for the newer product since their older product has been rendered unusable by the very company they're handing more money to: check.

See?

I almost forgot...

Built-in reception problem in newer product, ensuring that the masses will fork over more money for newer product's successor, even after the stevejobs has called them all idiots for holding newer product wrong: check.

Congrats to him. :)

He returns to Apple, it returns to profitability. Dell returns to Dell, and ... well ... lol.

LOL @ [H] grumbling. :p

I'm fairly certain Steve Jobs is using a Piece of Eden to amass his achievements, so it's not really appropriate to be giving him an award for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may have some dick-like tendencies but the man is definitely a bit of a visionary. He's amazingly skilled at taking things other people make and getting rich off of them. :p

Hmm...isn't it the staff that does all the work for him now days?

So he get's credit for the work he didn't really do...

I hate apple with a passion, and the bleating masses that soak up job' bullshit can all jump off a cliff together for all I care...

Yeah, it's safe to say I fucking hate apple. My 3G hasn't been the same since I unfucked it by rolling it back to 3.1.3. Dropped calls, shit reception even when it's sitting right next to my wife's 3G (she's got full bars, mine's flatlined), battery life still blows but at least I don't feel like I can actually see the battery indicator draining while I watch.

The man paved the way for "data plans" with his iPhone.. shit, before that you could get minuets, text, and unlimited internet for $35 a month. Now its smart phones an all-inclusive $100 or $70 monthly data plans, which we use for sending no more data than we did when they cost $35, before Jobs.

Telecom must have paid off the committee that awarded this.. :D

I hate apple with a passion, and the bleating masses that soak up job' bullshit can all jump off a cliff together for all I care...

Yeah, it's safe to say I fucking hate apple. My 3G hasn't been the same since I unfucked it by rolling it back to 3.1.3. Dropped calls, shit reception even when it's sitting right next to my wife's 3G (she's got full bars, mine's flatlined), battery life still blows but at least I don't feel like I can actually see the battery indicator draining while I watch.

What does that make you? Anyways He is a damn visionary for any of his stock holders, Mainstreaming any niche product he commands and making everyone except consumers of course richer.

The man paved the way for "data plans" with his iPhone.. shit, before that you could get minuets, text, and unlimited internet for $35 a month. Now its smart phones an all-inclusive $100 or $70 monthly data plans, which we use for sending no more data than we did when they cost $35, before Jobs.

Telecom must have paid off the committee that awarded this.. :D

What are you talking about? Of course we use far, far more data now.

You're comparing 5 years ago, when the highest-end phone had a 2" screen with a 240x188 resolution which couldn't play video and games were 100KB max downloading on a 5Kbps connection.. to now when phones can play and stream 1280x720 video from anywhere using a 100Mbps connection and the latest games are the size of PS1 games.

Not that I don't agree that prices are ridiculous.
I mean for $29.95, I can get super-fast FiOS internet and stream it even to my backyard to every device I own. I can make calls with Skype from anywhere, and stream/download any TV show/Movie with no commercials to every screen in my home.
Where as, for 70$ on Sprint, which I can't even use because I have an iPhone 4, I get the ability to have an internet connection in those few places that I can't find free WiFi around town, and the ability to make calls which is useless because I am already paying to use Skype, so I might as well take advantage.

Not to mention that the only place I'd ever need a cell-phone would be either way out of town where the reception is abysmal to non-existent (97% my ass), or abroad, where roaming charges are basically 70$ for every minute of web.

So what's the only option?
Well, Verizon makes this mobile router that uses cell-phone data and lets you connect all your devices from anywhere for only $29.95/month. It's less than half what phone companies charge for text, talk and web and you can be your own WiFi signal, walking around town, letting everyone around you connect and keeping your phone in constant WiFi mode, allowing you to use Skype and save 40$ a month. All it means is that you have to carry around the tiny receiver wherever you go.

Writing all this makes me realize how big of a sucker one would have to be to pay for phone and 'SMS' service these days.

apple devices should be checked for narcotics and other addictive substances in their construction cuz thats the only im seeing how this could have happend, and while your at it why not check old stevie there for some sort of extra gland freaky gland that turns people into zombies around him

Reasons why I hate the tech press. Apple is just a media darling, they all can't stop tripping over themselves to talk about how awesome Apple is.

Now this would be fine if it were just "Man they released this product that is really great for the price." However it is always about how "revolutionary," "innovative," and now apparently "visionary," Apple is.

No, they aren't. Their consumer electronics devices are NOT innovative. They are just highly fashionable devices that people like. Nothing wrong with that. The consumer market isn't often where you innovate. However stop pretending like the fucking iPod is changing the world. It is just a music player. The only thing special was that it was a fashionable music player and so sold well.

Not to mention, given the price you'd think their computers are made of materials only found in moon rocks...

He said the new 4.1 would fix problems with iOS on the 3G.

Back