Steve Jobs Driving Himself To Work

Seems that a Bently would be more fitting for the head of Apple. A Bently made in Taiwan that is. :p

(note the lack of license plate on the rear of Stevemobile)
With most people, it's unbecoming to crack joke on his/her physical expense, but it is Steve Jobs after all.

The punch line that Steve omitted is that Jobs might legitimately need the handicapped space :cool:

Seems that a Bently would be more fitting for the head of Apple. A Bently made in Taiwan that is. :p

Made in Taiwan? I raise you a Mercedes-Benz made in China. (I kid you not on that one)

You mean he doesn't have his own spot just for being the top dog at Apple?

You are all bastards.

I've been to Infinite Loop. Pretty building.

Glad to see Jobs is doing better, as is my Apple stock. :p

(note the lack of license plate on the rear of Stevemobile)
With most people, it's unbecoming to crack joke on his/her physical expense, but it is Steve Jobs after all.

The punch line that Steve omitted is that Jobs might legitimately need the handicapped space :cool:

Nah, Steve Jobs has ALWAYS parked in the handicap spot, double parks, and etc at Apple HQ, One Infinite Loop, its just his thing.

every mac addict finds money for a prius

I would love to have a Prius, as a Windows user, since I can then claim that my fuel efficiency is among the best in the world, aside from those that take public transportation.

I bet he actually has a handicapped plate...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

you mean there isn't an iengine under the hood that run on love and making fun of pc owners? Or is it you feed PC parts into his iflux capacitor to make his car go.

Or is the theme song "back in time" have to do with Apple stock prices?

Where's one of those give-a-damn meters when you need one?

No, there's been photos of him doing this long before his recent health issues... The guy's an asshole no matter how you look at it.

I think he's always driven without plates on his car. He just pays the fines and doesn't care.

Or maybe that's someone else I'm thinking of.
That's been resolved. His plates were stolen so many times that the state of CA agreed to give him a barcode sticker in place of license plates.

no one can mess with Steve Jobs. :confused:

Gates is a bastard too, probably moreso considering the evil way he ran his business until the DOJ stepped in, ditto nearly every other star CEO out there.

I Googled for "Steve Jobs handicapped parking" and the first link back was very funny: http://www.cultofmac.com/steve-jobs-still-parking-in-handicapped-spaces-the-pictures/2613

Apple veteran Andy Hertzfled reports on his history of the Mac website, Folklore.org, that Jobs was constantly parking in the restricted spaces. “He seemed to think the blue wheelchair symbol meant the spot was reserved for the chairman,” Hertzfeld writes.

In a comment to Hertzfeld’s post, Dan Cochran, who worked at Apple, noted that one day someone converted the handicapped “wheelchair” graphic into the Mercedes logo.

“I thought it was hilarious but as I recall Steve didn’t find it particularly funny at all,” he notes.

Hilarious. And from the awesome Folklore.org website: http://folklore.org/StoryView.py?pr...Sort by Date&detail=medium&search=handicapped

Anyway, the story is that one day Apple executive Jean-Louis Gassee, who had recently transferred to Cupertino from Paris, had just parked his car and was walking toward the entrance of the main office at Apple when Steve buzzed by him in his silver Mercedes and pulled into the handicapped space near the front of the building.

As Steve walked brusquely past him, Jean-Louis was heard to declare, to no one in particular - "Oh, I never realized that those spaces were for the emotionally handicapped...".

One day in October 1983 I got a phone call at my desk at Apple from the Cupertino police department saying something like, "You reported that Mercedes parked in the handicapped space at your lot at Apple. Well, we sent a car out there but we can't really tow it away because the handicapped space is improperly designated."

I had no idea what he was talking about. A few hours later, I found out that Apple's other cofounder, Steve Wozniak, who was a prolific prankster, called up the Cupertino police and reported that a silver Mercedes was illegally parked in a handicapped space and told them the person reporting it was Andy Hertzfeld, giving them my phone number at work. I decided not to inform Apple's facilities department about the improperly marked space, just in case Woz decided to try it again.

Side note: Folklore is almost as addictive as Wikipedia; every time I go I spend way too much time jumping around stories of early Apple and Microsoft. The adjacent story has a very interesting story that involves both Gates and Jobs, as told by one of the designers of the original Macintosh operating system: http://folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Switcher.txt&sortOrder=Sort by Date

He was always afraid of a long walk in a big parking lot. There could be people who want to throw exploding iPhones at him!

That's been resolved. His plates were stolen so many times that the state of CA agreed to give him a barcode sticker in place of license plates.

This was so hard to believe that I had to google it - turns out that Mercedes puts the VIN on that spot...so apparently Jobs does not have a special exemption. Take the plates off any recent Mercedes and you'll see the same barcode.

Who drives to work anymore? I haven't driven to work in years :-P

I ride the train to and from work everyday.

Back