Steve Jobs: Android’s Founder Is A Big, Arrogant F***

Oh no! What has been seen can never be unseen my fragile little mind can't take this! Please censor the internets for me,[H] is just too obscene!:(

That's it.. enough is enough.. I'm folding for the competition now.

You know, I'm not even sure if you guys are trying to be offensive. Why not just call me a doo doo head, take your ball, and go home? I honestly expected more. Maybe a pm from someone with a badge. Sure hope those making light of death also receive one.

LOL, might want to edit your post. You just admitted to offenses that can get you banned..

Show me the edit button.

Par for the course.

Tell that to xerox Mr. Jobs. Oh wait nevermind since you stole the interface anyway.

Steve Jobs can have said whatever he likes. Doesn't change the fact that he spent his entire business life getting his ass kicked up and down the block. First by Microsoft and IBM and later by Microsoft and Google. I bet really late at night when he was lying alone in his bed and nobody was watching he cried himself to sleep thinking about that second one.... Having your 30-year-old high-end tech company's ass handed to it by freaking search engine company? Can't get much more humiliating than that.

The worst part is he was SO arrogant that he refused to learn in any way from the absolute trouncing Apple took at the hands of Microsoft in the 80's and early 90's. If he had gone with a licensing model with iOS it would be on over 80% of all phones right now instead of Android. But he didn't learn a thing from the first 25 years he spent in the business world and so his product is again a distant second and fading slowly.

Pretty much this. Windows and the PC swooped in and ate Apple's lunch. It seems they didn't learn and now Android is coming for their cake too.

Steve.. oh Steve. I won't speak ill of the dead but boy , Steve sure was an articulate fella :p

Pretty much this. Windows and the PC swooped in and ate Apple's lunch. It seems they didn't learn and now Android is coming for their cake too.
yep, those companies sure are mopping up the floor with Apple :rolleyes:

True ... Apple is really hurting now that they only make the majority of profit in the Smartphone space ... I don't know what their shareholders are thinking with their preference for profit over market share ;)

Microsoft: We'll like to see this sometime in the future....

Sony: We're releasing this new shit that no one knows how to use...

Aiwa: We got this new... damn, we broke!

Motorola: Thin Flip Phones Bitches!!!

Palm: Real men use Treos!

Blackberry: Realer men use BBM!

Apple: We'll steal all of your shit & make it better!!!

Google: Sweet, we'll do the same thing & make it an open platform!

Apply: FUCK YOU GUYS!

I can give millions to charity and still be an asshole. His donations don't change the fact that he was a mentally unstable dick.

The fact that he was a mentally unstable dick does not mean he's better off dead than contributing to the world like he had been.

I'm glad you value your feelings more than people being helped, though! Awesome outlook!

I can give millions to charity and still be an asshole. His donations don't change the fact that he was a mentally unstable dick.

Um most CEOs rate very high on the Asshole Douche Bag Index ... that doesn't make them mentally unstable ... the Google and other corporate CEOs get pretty douchey too and no one gives them flack ... but they are the corporate overlords people like ... was SJ an asshole (probably) ... did he "deserve" to die (probably not) ... as satisfying as internet hyperbole is, it is still that, "hyperbole" :cool:

The fact that he was a mentally unstable dick does not mean he's better off dead than contributing to the world like he had been.

I'm glad you value your feelings more than people being helped, though! Awesome outlook!

Some people will remember him for being a visionary and charitable, others will not. You fall into the former, while I, the latter. It's just too bad he didn't have enough time to change what people thought of him but I get the impression that he didn't give a fuck what people thought of him anyhow.

Some people will remember him for being a visionary and charitable, others will not. You fall into the former, while I, the latter. It's just too bad he didn't have enough time to change what people thought of him but I get the impression that he didn't give a fuck what people thought of him anyhow.

I don't consider him visionary. I think he was a self-absorbed douche obsessed with marketing, not the tech genius everyone believes him to be. I loathe and despise Apple and I hate what its products have done to the mainstream demand for technology.

But many people's lives were improved as a result of the generosity he was able to show because of his success. Those people's lives being better are far more important than my or anyone else's opinion of the guy's ego.

But many people's lives were improved as a result of the generosity he was able to show because of his success. Those people's lives being better are far more important than my or anyone else's opinion of the guy's ego.

Point well made.

If only market share was directly proportional to profit.

Fortunately for Apple, it isn't.

Apple contributed a lot to the industry. Not only for the mainstream user, but for competition. Would IBM have pushed so hard for a home PC if the Apple II wasn't popular? Would Microsoft have push Windows so hard if the Mac wasn't announced? Phone competition is fast paced and rough. Some good competition there.

Steve Jobs is kind of like Tupac. Still rapping after his death, and still causing arguments (Biggie was better than Tupac, fuck em all! I really don't know anything about rap...).

Originally Posted by canna View Post

I didn't read that last part very well - coming FOR their cake, not on... :/

Steve Jobs can have said whatever he likes. Doesn't change the fact that he spent his entire business life getting his ass kicked up and down the block. First by Microsoft and IBM and later by Microsoft and Google. I bet really late at night when he was lying alone in his bed and nobody was watching he cried himself to sleep thinking about that second one.... Having your 30-year-old high-end tech company's ass handed to it by freaking search engine company? Can't get much more humiliating than that.

The worst part is he was SO arrogant that he refused to learn in any way from the absolute trouncing Apple took at the hands of Microsoft in the 80's and early 90's. If he had gone with a licensing model with iOS it would be on over 80% of all phones right now instead of Android. But he didn't learn a thing from the first 25 years he spent in the business world and so his product is again a distant second and fading slowly.

Yes, I'm sure he cried himself to sleep knowing he was richer and more powerful than 99.9999978% of people instead of 99.99999997% of people. How humiliating for him. :rolleyes:

It surprises me how much people attack the guy. Not attack his actions or his opinions, attack HIM, without even knowing him personally... IMO it says more about you than it does him.

Steve Jobs is such a hypocritical piece of shit.

I am glad he died and I hope it was a painfully slow death.

Wow, that is some serious hate.
I mean, I hate Tom Brady... seriously hate him, but i wouldn't push it that far.
Maybe a spinal injury, but not a slow death :D

Apple contributed a lot to the industry. Not only for the mainstream user, but for competition. Would IBM have pushed so hard for a home PC if the Apple II wasn't popular? ...

Apple and IBM were not the only two serious contenders, nor was IBM looking for the home market. Much like Xerox, IBM saw the desktop computer as a business tool.

CP/M systems were their competition, and there was at least a dozen different MFR's.

Few homes had computers by the time Apple lost it's momentum. The money was in business desktops at the time.

There is very little left of Apple's early contributions today. Yet, daily we encounter technology that is still used from CP/M and DOS. This is what closed arch does. It makes you disappear eventually.

Notice that Apple desktops and notebooks only survived by getting compliant with other company's technologies. They were in a death spiral prior to going with the herd.

I agree maybe he did not want to change or even care? Or was to busy you know, trying and failing..trying and failing..then winning and winning..and getting rich and loving what he did the whole to notice. The guy had endless drive right up until his death even telling people how to run Apple for the next 5 years from his deathbed. That is fucking drive and almost sad as well.

Anyone who is successful and a psychological winner at life does not give a rats ass what others think. Worrying about that can drive you nuts.

Kittens, sheep and average joe/mary though just wanna be loved and adored. They also have perfect morality and super awesome business advice and common sense on tap :) After the fact and years later..Hindsight and all that.

They also really care what others think. Easily offended pussies are taking over the Country :)

Steve Jobs was a world class douche.
But...
He made Apple work.
He had no original ideas of his own, what he had was the uncanny ability to steal existing ideas, spin them as his own and make them look revolutionary.
He was a master salesman, nothing more, nothing less. He didn't change the world or lead any revolutions, he just marketed himself as doing said things.
He was the world's greatest cult leader.

I don't like Apple products but wishing someone dead or wishing cancer on them. Not to my worst enemy let alone to a CEO of a company.

Steve Jobs was a world class douche.
But...
He made Apple work.
He had no original ideas of his own, what he had was the uncanny ability to steal existing ideas, spin them as his own and make them look revolutionary.
He was a master salesman, nothing more, nothing less. He didn't change the world or lead any revolutions, he just marketed himself as doing said things.
He was the world's greatest cult leader.

I think he has done dramatically more good for the industry then bad. He was good at finding something underutilized and pushing the industry forward. These same complains can be used for Microsoft and Bill Gates as well. While I have owned Zero Apple products I rather have them making their products because occasionally they move the industry forward.

He was very good at seeing potential in things and even better at making them happen, once he learned the game.

I think he has done dramatically more good for the industry then bad. He was good at finding something underutilized and pushing the industry forward. These same complains can be used for Microsoft and Bill Gates as well. While I have owned Zero Apple products I rather have them making their products because occasionally they move the industry forward.

The iPhone really did push things forward, too. Competition is fierce in the smartphone market now. It got them into the hands of a ton of consumers, too. Many of those moved to Android. While the smartphone existed and would have evolved without the iPhone, it really did accelerate the progress quite a bit. People owe a lot to the iPhone even if they've never touched one.

Back