• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stereo receiver questions...

Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
534
I want to upgrade my sound setup to bookshelves + stereo receiver. After some research on receivers, it seems that Onkyo TX-8011 provides the best bang for the buck. It has 4 audio ins: CD, Phono, Tape1, Tape2. All look like normal RCA ins. My question is, how are the inputs different? Is there something I should be aware of? I plan to have both my PC and a game console running through the receiver, and I am afraid some inputs would be unsuitable (even though it would seem odd--I suppose all inputs on a receiver are line-ins?). Could someone enlighten me, since a quick google search failed :eek:

Also, does anyone have any strong recommendation AGAINST Chaintech AV-710? Since that's what I plan to get
 
Phono In has a RIAA filter for adjusting the audio, so don't use this as a Line-In.

The others can be used as Line-Ins.
 
Back
Top