• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Steppings

pewter77

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
280
Do later steppings always bring better overclocking or stability or do they sometimes just bring stuff like vt-d support? I'm wondering if its worth it to wait for the C3 stepping on SB-E since the C2 stepping is rumored to be the first retail availability. I've waited a long time to build a new computer and I'm trying to decide if i want to wait for the later stepping. Considering it would only be a month or so later that the next stepping is released.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Inte...ch-Date-and-Time-Revealed-Report-231405.shtml

kinda my source, i'm sure i've seen it elsewhere. It sounds as if the D revision will come out far too late so ya. Wondering if anyone can give me a general idea of how big a small revision like the jump from C2 ----> C3 has on performance in past generations.
 
Do later steppings always bring better overclocking

I would say sometimes yes sometimes not really.

or stability or do they sometimes just bring stuff like vt-d support?

I believe is this definitely false. They may fix bugs but not add new features. New features will only occur on a Tick / Tock.
 
Back
Top