Stepped UPS compatible PSU recommendation

Nielo TM

Gawd
I am looking for a stepped UPS compatible PSU ranging between 500 to 600 watts. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The UPS I'm using at the moment is APC Pro 900, which provides stepped output approx to Sinewave

Been using Corsair 520HX for the past 10 years or so and when on battery, it emits buzzing noise but doesn't shut down. But I've read that some PSU actually shut down hence me posting here.

PS: I live in the UK. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks

pretty much anything from seasonic has worked with these crappy ups's in all the years I've been doing this. Customers don't always buy good gear but at least I can use good PSU's that handle lousy input well.

I've heard that anything with active PFC will have issues, but I have not run into that myself, maybe none of my PSUs have APFC though.

I really wish UPS manufacturers would just stick to pure sine. The H bridge is already there, it's just the thing of programming the logic in to pwm the sine wave so not really all that much expensive as far as BOM.

i just purchased a Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD which handles PFC PSU's and has sinewave ouput. The 1000 VA spec translates to 600 watts. I'm happy with it.

I've heard that anything with active PFC will have issues, but I have not run into that myself, maybe none of my PSUs have APFC though.

Not so much for anything modern. I've had a UPS for 20+ years and have had active PFC for at least 15 of those yars without issues.

So I'll just pick a Seasonic PSU then. Not much choice for me is there apart from upgrading the UPS

Back