• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SteelSeries SX Discontinued?

movax

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
3,679
So my venerable Icemat has begun to show its age, and looks like the SteelSeries SX is the new sexy beast on the block.

Unfortunately, seems like no one carries it now except for a few weird retailers that show up on Google Shopping. Did this get replaced by something else?
 
I have been hunting for a new surface too. I asked their support, and they confirm that the pad is discontinued.
I am unable to find a suitable replacement for my razer exactmat.

The SteelSeries SX is nowhere to be found. The Razer Ironclad is not as smooth as I want (and it's white! ugh). The Razer Vespula is too small.
 
Well just in case movax looks at this topic again or someone else is looking, I have purchased and am using a C4 NGen surface. Very reasonably priced, excellent control/slickness factor (particular when you use PTFE tape, which they also sell).

I recommend them highly. Dansdata also has reviewed them a while ago and found them to be very good.
 
Back
Top