• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Steelseries Siberia & Mic Problem

JmZrlz

n00b
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
34
Hey,

I'd like to ask if anyone here has the steelseries siberia headset. If so, can people around you easily hear what you're listening to? (I work close to others so don't want to bug them).

Also, is the microphone of a reasonable quality?

Now my second question is actually a problem (unrelated to the siberia headset). I updated my drivers for my audio and now my mic doesn't work, all I hear when recording it is a static sound. I tried the following:
- Install old drivers > Problem remains
- Try mic in back connection rather than front > No static but no sound either
- Try old mic in front > Same static
- Try old mic in back > No static or sound
- Try mic in windows 7 rather than vista with OLD drivers > Problem remains
- Try mic in windows 7 rather than vista with NEW drivers > Problem remains

Now before I go out and buy a new headset thinking that's the reason, I'd like to know if any of you have suggestions as to why this problem may be occuring.

Because my old mic doesn't work either I'd expect it to be drivers. But using the original drivers which worked before I updated doesn't fix the problem (even on a clean win7 install).
 
I just bought this headset (returning it), and don't know how hearable they are by people around you, but the microphone is in fact of "reasonable" quality. (not good enough for serious recordings, but plenty good enough for just hearing your own voice - without much bass, that is - and gaming)
 
I went and bought a sennheiser pc131 since im not ready to spend a load of money on a perfect headset.

I also figured out its only my front mic jack that isn't working, my back works fine except in vista.
 
I hope you don't wear glasses. :p Those Sennheisers (at least the model from 2 years ago) are what I just replaced (stopped working). Mine had a great mic (at least in comparison to other headsets), but the earpieces put on the PAIN when glasses were present.
 
I do wear glasses, they seem comfortable for now.

I do occasionally seem to get a slight temporary ache in my right ear (side without the mic) but it only happens every so often and isn't there long.
 
I'm hoping the newer models are easier on the ears (sounds like it could be the case with yours). It would make sense that they fix something like that.
 
Yeah, I mean that ache I get occasionally is my glasses but since it isn't often it doesn't bother me.

If I had a load of cash to spare i'd get some HD555's lol.
 
Back
Top